Sunday, November 16, 2008

The saddest thing to hear.....

Today Ethan came up the stairs crying.  I asked him what was wrong and he said that his tooth was hurting.  I gave him some motrin and then I put some ambesol gel on his tooth.  5 minutes later, he started crying harder and louder and saying that his tooth is hurting really bad.  I told him that the medicine should start working in 15 minutes.  Ethan continued to agonize in pain.  Heber came upstairs and asked Ethan if he had said a prayer and Ethan said yes.  Heber told him to get in the shower because it will help him feel better, so he did.  While I was sitting here at the computer, Ethan was in the shower crying some more, then I hear him crying out loud " Heavenly Father, Please make it stop!"  And then " Heavenly Father, PLEASE, I'm begging you!"  It was the saddest thing to hear my son cry out to Heavenly Father to help his pain go away.  5 minutes passed, and he stopped crying.  Something funny to end this sad story is that While Ethan was in the shower he was saying " Why do we have cavities!", " I wish there wasn't such a thing!"  LOL!  I remember having a serious toothache, it made me want to smash my head against the wall over and over! Some how I thought that might make the pain go away.  LOL!

6 comments:

GUENTHERS said...

So sad! Maybe it's a motivation to not have cavities, huh? I think some are just more prone to getting them, though. Once I went to the dentist and had 11 cavities! Scary! That's sweet that he was praying!

Heidi Wilcox said...

Soooo CUTE! I love that he was praying in the shower poor little guy. It must have been all that yummy Halloween candy...Hopefully you have a nice dentist.

Melissa said...

Tooth pain is the worst! I love that he knew where to turn for help~so sweet!

Teah said...

Hey, beautiful family! I don't know if you remember me. We served together as achievement day leaders at BV. You have 3 cute boys!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

what a sweet boy. Hopefully it will start feeling better soon.

Shannon said...

I love your kids! That sweet baby boy! MIss you sister. Wish we could have hit twilight together :)