I know, I know, It's about time I posted up our pictures from Christmas. I've been feeling under the weather and haven't had the energy to post anything until now.
Where to start.... We left Virginia on the 19th and drove to St. Louis where we stayed the night at Lacey and Ryan's place. We drove out with them to Virginia the following day. We stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Smith for a day and got to have a little Christmas of our own. We were able to go to church and see all our old friends, which was wonderful to say the least. It felt like we hadn't really left. I was able to try out Ryan's new Rock band game, and found out that It took me like 4 or 5 times to get the hang of the guitar. Lacey put me to shame as she was more of a natural with the guitar. The boys had fun opening their presents and riding on Grandpa Smith's bull. :) Owen was a little roughed up after his first ride, but then he decided he wanted to try it again. We left the next day to Florida and made it in good time and without running into any traffic. We were all too happy to be out of the car and done traveling for a while. Owen was at first shy with my parents since he hasn't seen them in 2 years! But it didn't take long for him to warm up, and he was bouncing around all over the house, jumping on Grandpa and asking him to throw him in the air over and over again. :) The following day we went to Disney World. My brother's friend's mother works for Disney and got us all free tickets to go there! We were so excited! We went to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. Ethan and Dallin went on a Dinosaur ride with Heber and my brother and sisters, while My mom and I went on a flying Dinosaur ride with Owen. We found out after our rides, that Ethan and Dallin just about peed their pants during the dinosaur ride, especially the part when the T-Rex comes into view and tries to eat them. :) They were able to laugh about it when it was over. We weren't able to go on many rides because the park was SO packed, but we had fun with the rides we were able to go on. We all got pooped out around the same time and decided to go home. The rest of our trip was filled with playing bump at the basketball court, volley ball in the sand, tennis, a trip to the beach, a ride on my Dad's new motorcycle, and R movies played on my parents new clear play DVD player. Ethan was in 7 year old heaven while at my parents, because they had the wii and the new x-box 360. Dallin also played some video games and played with his toys from Christmas. Owen was the entertainer during our whole trip. There is never a dull moment around that kid. :) He mostly entertained us with his hulk impersonations. My sister, Kelly and her husband Nathan brought their dogs, Zoey and Buddy. The boys absolutely loved them and couldn't get enough of them, especially Owen. The weather was great there, 70's-80 degrees. I was not ready to go back home to our 20 degree weather. All in all we were blessed to have been able to come see my family. We missed them terribly and are so thankful for letting us stay with them during our trip and letting us wreck their house with all our stuff. :) Thank you Bethanie for letting Heber and I stay in your room and trash it. (I over packed). Thank you to all of our families for all of your love and support. We miss you and can't wait to see you again.
As for our pictures... Our pictures were erased from our memory card because it wasn't ejected properly. So we do not have pictures from our christmas in Florida or Virgnia, or our trip to the beach or Disney world. :(
P.S. I couldn't figure out how to get my pictures to look neater and well organized!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
CHRISTMAS IN FLORIDA
Posted by Mandy at 8:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
sounds like a blast! so sad about your pictures though. miss you friend.
Love the update and the pictures! Owen looks so big! Our little Luke is getting so skinny!
I can't believe how much you and your sister look alike. And all your boys look so different! Looks like you guys had a blast!
Wow! Your hair is so freaking dark! You look good and your boys are so cute.
Mandy~
I couldn't let the day go by without saying, "Happy Birthday!!" I hope you had a wonderful day~your Christmas looks like so much fun, I'm sorry about your memory card being erased~sadness!! Just wanted to say I think you're awesome and we love you!!
Melissa
What a fun vacation! So sorry you lost so many pics. :( Glad you had a wonderful time, though!
Post a Comment