Some of you may already know this, but I am starting to introduce Owen to the potty. I decided to buy Owen a Diego potty to help him get interested in going potty, and well, when I first brought it home I left it in the entry way in it's box while I put the groceries away, well Heber said that Owen stood there for like 15 minutes staring at it, and when Heber approached him, he said that Owen gave him this strange unsure look. Well, I took it out and left it in the kitchen for him to look at and examine, and he did just that, but he would NOT sit on it. I would ask him if he wanted to sit on it, and he gave me a flat out "NO". So I left him alone. The next day he examined it as usual and would squat and look at it, but would NOT sit on it, even if I encouraged him. That night he decided to creep up to it and start to sit down, but then he saw me watching him and said "Go away mommy, go away". So I started to walk away, and then I peeked back and saw him sitting on it! I turned the corner and started to laugh. Then a little later, Dallin came up and while I was cleaning up the kitchen, I over heard Dallin persuading Owen to sit on the potty, and when he did he said "Good Job!" And then Dallin was able to coax Owen into sitting on the potty without his diaper on, and he did! I gave Owen a diego sticker for his efforts and praised him. Then while I was on clearing the table, I looked over at Dallin and Owen and saw that Dallin had Owen laying on his back on the floor and Dallin was putting a diaper on Owen just like he sees me do!! I just cracked up! I unfortunately did not get any pictures of it.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
GO DIEGO GO!!!
Posted by Mandy at 5:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Go Owen Go! It's amazing how kids don't want to listen to mom or dad, but a little peer pressure from a sibling or friend can work wonders. We're rooting for you Owen (and you too Mandy)!
You are a brave woman. I am not thinking about training Luke until about 2 1/2. I don't do potty seats (don't even want to think what it is like to clean them out) so he is going to have to use the potty seat that goes on the toilet. Go owen! And for your sake Mandy, I hope it goes smoothly:)
I am just thinking of starting Trae. He has been expressing interest so I think I might give it a try. But I don't know if I can do the little potty he want to sit on the big one so maybe just a seat! Good Luck! I hope it goes well!
The cake ideas came from the internet of coarse! They were surprisingly easy, and really yummy!
That is hilarious! Good luck with all that! I haven't had any experience with a little boy obviously - so fill me in on the details. And I'll be sure to let my mom know that for your birthday you would really like to go shopping too :) When is your birthday?
I'm trying to convince Ben that it is cool to go potty, but he insists on having his diaper. I don't know what to do next, he shows all the signs, but doesnt want to actually do it. Good Luck!
Post a Comment